Doesn't this look delicious? Guess what? There are only five ingredients needed to create it. This recipe for tomato ravioli is from Cooking Light. I sure do love that resource. This just proves that cooking healthy doesn't need to be difficult. In fact, it can be quite easy. So before you pop that Lean Pocket in the microwave, try to opt for a cleaner option.
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots, cut into wedges
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Halve half of tomatoes. Arrange cut tomatoes, whole tomatoes, and shallots on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4. Cook ravioli according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain ravioli, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Add ravioli to tomatoes; toss. Add cooking liquid, if needed. Garnish with chopped basil.