- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 12 ounces peeled medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta; cook 7 minutes. Add shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done and pasta is al dente. Drain; keep warm.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Place pan over medium heat; gradually stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk. Stir in mustard and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add drained pasta mixture, cheese, and chopped basil, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and torn basil.