|[via The Chic Wife]|
This recipe is from my friend Kris, over at The Chic Wife.
Honestly, check her out because who doesn't love someone who bakes killer chocolate chip oatmeal cookies? You'll love her in general, but the cookies are a plus.
Here is the recipe...
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of quick cook oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or sub in any nut you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a large baking sheet
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and vanilla, continuing to beat at medium speed
- In a separate bowl combine the flours, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, 1/2 a cup at a time, mixing in between each addition
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts, mixing until just combined
- Using an ice cream scoop place dough balls on the prepared baking sheet (two inches apart)
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let slightly cool on pan before removing and fully cooling on wire racks